Tips for a perfectly baked cheesecake
NEW PIECE O’ CAKE® CHEESECAKE MIX
Turning everyday moments into special occasions is easier than ever before thanks to the NEW LANCEWOOD Piece o’ Cake® Cheesecake Mix. Available in two delicious flavours – Plain and Caramel – this irresistible new product, made using South Africa’s No. 1 Cream Cheese, lets you enjoy all the flavour of a traditional baked cheesecake without the fuss. Simply whip, bake & enjoy!
Check out our easy baking tips below to ensure you master your cheesecake every time:
- Baking times are a guideline as oven temperatures and heating conditions may vary.
- The on pack baking instructions are specifically developed for a 20 cm diameter springform pan.
- Any variation in pan size and bakeware may affect your cheesecake.
- Any springform pan larger than 20 cm in diameter will result in a flatter and overcooked cheesecake.
- We do not recommend using ceramic or glass bakeware.
- Non-stick spray works best to prevent the cheesecake from sticking to the sides of the springform pan.
- Placing the biscuit base up the sides of the pan may impact the baking of the cheesecake. Our recommendation is to only place the biscuit mix on the base of the pan.
- Do not skip the beating of the cheesecake mix as it plays a key role in achieving the desired cheesecake texture.
- Make sure to beat the cheesecake mixture on low speed.
- Remember you can use your favourite type of biscuit to create your base, but just make sure to use the same quantity as listed on the pack.
- A baked cheesecake should have a rich caramel colour on top. If the cheesecake starts browning excessively, cover it with a piece of tin foil to avoid further browning. As such, it is recommended to keep an eye on your cheesecake towards the end of the baking time due to the variations in oven temperatures.
- Do not cover the sides and bottom of the springform pan with tin foil during baking as it may impact the desired cheesecake texture.
- The cheesecake may bubble on top during baking.
- Ensure the cheesecake has cooled down to room temperature before refrigeration to avoid water droplets forming on top.
- This convenient recipe does not require a water bath.
- This cheesecake mix is not suitable for a fridge cheesecake.
- This cheesecake mix is not suitable for a microwave oven.
Here are some delicious cheesecake toppings that are sure to delight your friends and family:
- Chocolate ganache
- Caramel popcorn
- Speckled eggs
- Mini marshmallows
- Peanut butter
- Whipped cream or Mascarpone
- Berries or fruits of your choice
- Caramel treat
- Turkish delight
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate balls or shavings
- Coulis / compote / jam