LANCEWOOD® MASCARPONE FOREST-BERRY CAKE
Feel like spoiling your friends and satisfying your sweet tooth? Then you’ll love this cheerful berry delight, brought to us by Good Housekeeping! With crunchy biscuits and fresh berries, it’s a dish that deserves to be shared. It’s time for tea and cake!
- 1 tub LANCEWOOD® Full Fat Plain Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup castor sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- grated zest of 1 small lemon
- pinch salt
- 2 tubs LANCEWOOD® Mascarpone, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 tsp gelatine
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 chocolate muffins, cut into 1cm slices
- 12 finger biscuits, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Place a sheet of clingfilm over the base of a springform pan so that it hangs over the rim. Fasten the pan on top to clamp down the clingfilm and spray with nonstick spray.
- Using a fork, break up the LANCEWOOD® Full Fat Plain Cream Cheese.
- Add the castor sugar and vanilla essence and beat until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest, salt, LANCEWOOD® Mascarpone and cream, and mix until smooth and combined.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the cold water and leave for 5 minutes. Microwave for 10 seconds, stir and repeat. Leave to cool slightly. Add to the mascarpone mixture in a thin stream while beating continuously.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan. Tap to release any air bubbles.
- Arrange the muffin slices on top and press down slightly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the fridge, place an upside down cake plate on top and turn over. Release the pan and remove the base and clingfilm.
- Arrange the finger-biscuit halves around the outside of the cake to form a tight ring.
- Top with the berries and dust lightly with the icing sugar before serving.